https://hypothes.is/users/Bradf121?q=tag%3A%23HomelessLGBTQ

Hello, my name is Jazmyn and I am an executive coordinator for the non-profit organization, I.O.T.N.B.O (It’s Okay To Not Be Okay). We want everyone to feel as though they have a home. Everything might not be going as expected in your surrounding environment, so use us as that shoulder to lean on. If you need somewhere to stay, we have a program that focuses on youth assistance and organizing housing resources for them in one of our locations. We like for everyone to feel as though they can be themselves, instead of looking at us as just resource with high authority, consider us family. We like to schools and introduce ourselves and we also try to reach out to counseling centers. If you or anyone needs this opportunity please contact me at anytime.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Let Me Be There For You by Jazmyn is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Hailey 7 months ago

Very interesting organization, Jazmyn! I love how you are willing to help others in a predicament and empower others to be the best versions of themselves. It is important that each individual be given an opportunity to succeed and to get an education, which it sounds like centers around I.O.T.N.B.O. I am wondering if you offer tutoring and homework help to students? It is so inspirational of you to recognize that youths shouldn’t be “looking at [you] as just resource with high authority, [but instead,]consider (you) family. That spoke immensely to your work and how important it is to help children have a safe and supportive home. If you would like to read more about this topic in the future, I encourage you to look at this article:http://www.ncsl.org/research/human-services/homeless-and-runaway-youth.aspx. I look forward to hearing more about I.O.T.N.B.O. in the future. I wish you the best of luck.

2. Beth 8 months ago

Hi Jazmym!
    Your organization sounds so amazing and thoughtful. I think having a safe place where kids can go when things just aren’t going as expected, whatever that may mean in each individual situation, is something so important that should always be available. I liked when you said you wanted people who utilize your program to think of you as family because it shows how much you care. I’d love to learn more about this and I hope you are successful!