Cellphones have become an integral part of our modern day society. It’s as though we cannot make it throughout the day without checking our phones and this is something that has become normal. Interactions with other people have been put to the side because when we are with another person, our phone always seems to be more important. Researchers have conducted studies to test whether cellphones have a positive or a negative effect on people and their relationships. In this study , conducted they found that “People who were more dependent on their smartphones reported being less certain about their partnerships. People who felt that their partners were overly dependent on their devices said they were less satisfied in their relationship.” Basically, people can get jealous of their significant others cellphone.

In day and age, it is nearly impossible to not be checking your phone every other minute because it is all we really know. We rely on them so heavily for communication. The usage of cellphones has become an increasingly dangerous problem in our society and is affecting our safety. Think about the last time you were driving and didn’t check your phone while navigating the road. It is scary to say that I do not remember the last time that was. Driving while checking your phone has become a norm amongst drivers but can have a serious effect on our health and lives.  In fact, according to this site, “A person who drives a car and simultaneously uses a smartphone is at high risk to get into the accident and damage own health or compromise life of passengers or pedestrians.”

Cellphones have a large effect on both our relationships and our health. It is up to cell phone users to reduce the time spent staring at the little screen in order to fix these problems.

CC BY-SA 4.0 What effect do cellphones have on our relationships and our health? by Ceceli is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.