Have you ever been so stressed out that you become frustrated on whatever you are trying to do and cannot concentrate on it? Or you feel anxious when you are ever in public? I, too, have experienced situations like this. I have tried other stress relieving solvers, like calming scents, music, light exercise, and many others. But I will not be able to have these everywhere I go. I heard about meditation, but I never tried it. So I practiced it after a stressful night of homework and studying. I actually felt really calm while doing, and even fell asleep during it. I later did more research on meditation, and it turns out meditation has many mental and physical benefits. From the website Art of Living, meditation can Lowers high blood pressure, lowers the levels of blood lactate, reducing anxiety attacks, decreases tension-related pain, such as, tension headaches, ulcers, insomnia, muscle and joint problems, increases serotonin production that improves mood and behavior, improves the immune system, and increases the energy level, as you gain an inner source of energy” on a physical level and “Anxiety decreases, emotional stability improves, creativity increases, happiness increases, intuition develops, gain clarity and peace of mind, problems become smaller, meditation sharpens the mind by increasing focus and expands through relaxation, a sharp mind without expansion causes tension, anger and frustration, an expanded consciousness without sharpness can lead to lack of action/progress, the balance of a sharp mind and an expanded consciousness brings perfection” on a mental level.

Source: https://www.artofliving.org/us-en/meditation/meditation-for-you/benefits-of-meditation?mobile=1

CC BY-SA 4.0 Meditate your Stress Away by Tanner is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Andrea 3 days ago

Tanner,
    I thought it was interesting how many benefits come from meditation. In my fit for life class, we have practiced mindfulness which is a form of meditation. I, too, have seen and felt the benefits. After I have practiced being mindful, I felt like it helped me be more productive. Like in this article by Brainwave, https://www.brainwave-research-institute.com/increase-your-productivity-and-efficiency-with-meditation.html, I noticed that I could tune out distractions easier to get more done. Have you ever meditated before a test and how did it go? Looking forward to hearing back from you.