Artist statement

My project is about class privilege. I made up a story about Romeo and Juliet in a modernized way. I chose class because it still happens to this day. It happens because people chose to make it happen because its class. My project is based on two people who fall in love but class privilege separates them. The woman is privilege because of her parents and the man is not privilege and comes from an immigrant family. The woman is white with lots of money and power and she falls in love with a man who is poor but she doesn’t know this. The two want to get married as soon as possible but the man tells her that he’s poor and the womans parents don’t accept it. I choose class privilege because it still happens to this day all around the world. It kinda connects to our president he wants to kick out all the immigrants who illegally crossed the border because of class and privilege.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Romeo and Juliet by Joshua is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.