Dear Dominique,

Hearing you come out your family was very tearjerking for me. Seeing your mother throw that shoe at you from across the room really made me feel your pain. I thought it was the right time for you do it, just like you did. I just want you to know that your friends are here for you no matter how you identify and we will always support you without judgement. I know its hard to feel like your family do not accept you but you you know your friends are your family.

Its important to know yourself and love yourself first so that way what anyone else feels towards you will not matter. Since you have accepted yourself for who you really are your family will begin too. Even though they were upset at first, they will realize that this is not a phase and will continue love you for you. Sometimes rage just takes over and people forget that words and actions can hurt. As soon as this time period passes they will forget about all the anger and remember that you are their daughter and thats who you will be for ever. Keep your head up. It will all get better.

Your best friend Kiana

CC BY-SA 4.0 I’m sorry for the shoe thrown… by Kiana is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.