My Artist Statement is called “Don’t Kill Love” and it’s based on the shooting and violence there is in Oakland and the love they could be having instead. In Oakland, there’s a lot of violence. I know friends and families who have gotten shot for no reason and even stories. Once on the news, there was an old man who was walking and minding his own business and a different man came out of his car and shot him. How would the shooter feel if he found out that some random person shot one of his relatives? My drawing is someone holding a gun and aiming it at a heart. I think that if there wasn’t any violence and hate there wouldn’t be any killing and pain people would have to struggle with.  Like Tupac says “I want to grow. I want to be better. You grow. We all grow. You either evolve or you disappear.”

CC BY-SA 4.0 “Don’t Kill Love” by Gaby is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Angel 2 years ago

Hi Gaby,
    I like your art piece because it has a lot of detail and nice drawings. I also like how you described why you choose those pieces to draw and give a short story to describe it. 🙂