Love is a topic people misunderstand really easily, yet is something people are blinded by. For years, love and affection always want to be shown to those people care for and those who care for them no matter what obstacles they might face. But many times there is an impediment that doesn’t let two people fall in love. For my modern interpretation of Shakespeare’s ¨Romeo and Juliet¨ I decided to create a movie poster to give a visual representation to express how this story looks through my perspective. It shows how some people are badly influenced by those who believe race, ethnicity and sexuality are a reason why two people can’t love each other. Many people are taking risks by being with a person whose predecessors have these beliefs. Many in which can end in an argument and the other person feeling emotional pain and hatred towards their partner´s family.  This is the reason I drew the gun shooting the flower on fire because when someone loves a person without thinking of the consequences it’s like playing with fire.Therefore, the theme that best describes a modern day of Shakespeare’s ¨Romeo and Juliet¨ is that love causes hatred and leads to pain.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Acceptance by Kaly is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.