Before starting this project I needed to make steps to ensure I have a fortified plan so I can stay organized and get this done quick. I first needed websites and credible sources to use as a reference for my topic. So I did what anyone would do, I typed in my research topic on the search bar, chose the first six, and I was done with my project. Although, I knew I didn’t want to make this research paper average, and being able to adapt to my way of thinking is something this research paper has taught me. The credibility of an author is something I’ve been looking at very closely, because with all due respect to bloggers, but many of them are not as certified as someone whose down countless hours of research for my topic. For instance, I would always read articles that are seven to ten paragraphs long and could never considered who the author was. The credibility of an author is something I’ve been looking at very closely, because with all due respect to bloggers, but many of them are not as certified as someone whose down countless hours of research for my topic.

Another huge key for me throughout this project was to make sure I had a purpose for my essay. Meaning, what information and details can I use in my essay, from outside sources, that can appeal to the reader. So, I spent the time to read over many articles that had good factual details and information that related to my topic. Taking the time to do this actually helped save time because I know that I have sources that have the information I need. I also noticed that many of the sports I was looking at were all commonly male sports. So I expanded my search options to include female-played sports as well, and the results were amazing. I got new insight to how females were being treated differently than male athletes and it put my whole project into perspective. This project had taught me the patience and values of finding website that have a purpose and meaning. It not only has made my writing more fluid, but I finally have information to grab the reader’s attention.

CC BY-SA 4.0 How Media Affects Sports by Deepu_K is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.