I was browsing youtube one night and I was watching videos that I had no reason to be watching, you know as everyone has done. I found a documentary on how there is a resurgence of heroin use, but this was occurring in a group of people you wouldn’t have thought of. Suburban soccer moms? Yes these moms are having an increasing use of drugs as a “pick me up” as one mom said. The moms are using opioids to get a boost of energy in their lives when they are feeling down. This one mom came up on the video and she would say that she was under appreciated and was alwasy unhappy and tired but when she started taking pills she felt better. It would talk about how she was hooked in months and couldn’t function in the morning until she had her dose. This video was so interesting to me as I would have never thought that a suburban mom would be a junkie. When you think of someone who is hooked on drugs, I see a homeless man who lives under a bridge. Guess you can’t judge a book by its cover.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Junkie soccer mom?? by Ravi is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.