Everyone born, or at least living in the northern parts of the United States, seems to have a very strong opinion on snow and few are positive. Snow comes usually when least desirable for us all but it has many beautiful traits. Other than it looking quite heavenly outside after a fresh couple inches, it has so much to offer. How many times has the snow kept you home from work or school? I walk home everyday after school and there is nothing better than those few times I get to call some family member for a ride in their warm car or that moment I step into my warm house and get to sit in front of my fireplace. There are snowball fights, the crunching sound of every step, those nights you get to bundle up and sleep comfortably, and wearing layers of soft clothing that makes you want to fall asleep. When the snow comes, Christmas is always pretty close by. Not everyone celebrates it but the holiday season has snow where snow comes around and it just makes the holidays and snow itself more magical. If you discount the decline in intelligent drivers as soon as snow falls on the roads and having to scrape your windshield in the morning or how cold you can be if you are not prepared, snow is flawless. Each of its flaws are entirely controlled, there are garages, there are gloves and coats available, and there are winter driving courses if necessary. I cannot grasp the idea of snow ever being such a dreaded natural occurrence, it is simply a beautiful thing.

CC BY-SA 4.0 What is wrong with snow? by Jordan is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.