Not many people pay attention to slow dancing anymore, nowadays it’s about hip hop, speed, and technique, i’m not saying that i’m against it, but I wish more people can appreciate artistic style. Contemporary dance is about going with the flow, let the music move you, and let loose; most people think it’s exactly like ballet but ballet is more strict and structured to the point that you have to get everything right, there cannot be anything wrong. As it says on Thoughtco.com, “Contemporary dance is a style of expressive dance that combines elements of several dance genres including modernjazzlyrical and classical ballet. Contemporary dancers strive to connect the mind and the body through fluid dance movements.”  This type of dance gives you the chance to express your emotions or state of mind, it allows you to speak your mind without saying a word; this dance can come as sad, happy, telling a story, expressive, classy, and so much more. Learning this dance takes time, but in that moment you get to learn every nook and crin about this technique because practice makes permanent, unless you take advantage of it. Everyone should be interested in learning something new because you never know what benefit it can give you.

Image result for contemporary dance

CC BY-SA 4.0 Contemporary Dance by Maria is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.