Concussions are threats to a lot of athletes. Football and hockey players, and boxers frequently suffer from concussions due to the server impact that occurs during the sport. Concussions are a lot more serious than we take them to be. When athletes suffer from concussions it is important that they get checked out immediately even though they may think they are fine. Through research in my sports medicine class high school, college, and professional athletes all suffer from experiencing a concussion. CTE (Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy) is when a protein called “Tau” form clumps that slowly spread throughout the brain, killing brain cells. Which causes loss of memory and suicidal thoughts. Watching a movie called “Concussion” CTE can only be diagnosed after death. I am very interesting in learning more about this topic and just the overall effects concussions have on a human.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Concussions by Lex is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.