Many people have a passion, or a sport that they take part in, mine is cheerleading. In many people’s eyes cheerleading is not considered a sport, but I’m here to tell you that is a false statement. From this website, they clarified that the Olympics made cheerleading an official sport. http://www.seventeen.com/life/news/a44014/cheerleading-will-become-an-olympic-sport/. I have participated in cheer since I was five years of age and ever since I have been apart this sport, it has found a special place in my heart. Cheerleading may just seem like pom-poms and shoutouts like, “Go Team” is all of cheer, but that is not where the hard, tiring hours of pain and sweat are coming from. Cheerleading is throwing and being throw in the air on a glimpse of trust, hoping everything to come back down to earth safe. Cheerleading is trusting yourself and overcoming fear to flip in the air blindly, hoping to make a solid and safe landing. Cheerleading is a sport.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Cheerleading! by Kaitlyn is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.