Original Prospectus: My research would be on kids who are raised by same-sex parents. The question I intend to answer is how does growing up with same-sex parents affect the child. This to me is very interesting because I’ve heard from certain people who oppose this that it will harm a child to be raised with same-sex parents. I’ve always heard this but never actually saw them make any statements backed up with facts and research. This is significant because it is involving a child and rights of same-sex couples being able to have kids or even the pursuit of happiness. Also adoption could come up too. It is problematic because human nature is very complex and there are always different situations and how couples raise children. There will be no black and white involved.  What I can add to the conversation is harder facts and proof that kids who are raised by same-sex couples are able to just grow up as any other kid that isn’t. I also am able to have an anecdote or first hand view on the issue because my friend has grown up with two moms. To make sure though I was covering all perspectives I would use resources such as psychology websites and even child development sites and then more religious based places to see what they actually have to say on the matter because some are the ones who are most likely to be very opposed to same-sex couples having and raising kids.

New: I was thinking of also comparing data I find also to not just households with a mother and father but maybe even with households with one parent or even a guardian. That could show  that it isn’t the people who are raising the kids but what kind of parenting style the individual(s) implement. I also want to find out more reasons why people actually harm is coming to the kids. What is there background reason for making this claim. What are the main reasons people think same-sex parents cause harm to children growing up?

Photo by torbakhopper

CC BY-SA 4.0 Same-Sex Parents Research Inquiry by Sara is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Adewale 4 weeks ago

Dear Sara- I agree with you “I’ve always heard this but never actually saw them make any statements backed up with facts and research” that being born in same sex could affect a kid life because he/she as to deal with a lot in school because how could you talk about it to your friend if they ask you were is your but your dad is your mom and your mom is your dad. “how does growing up with same-sex parents affect the child. This to me is very interesting because I’ve heard from certain people who oppose this that it will harm a child to be raised with same-sex parents. I’ve always heard this but never actually saw them make any statements backed up with facts and research.” I found a site that could help you add more to your article becuase it as more info and datashttps://healtheappointments.com/effects-of-homosexual-and-heterosexual-parenting-a-research-inquiry-essays/

2. Alexandria 4 weeks ago

Dear Sara,
    My opinion on “same-sex” parenting is very similar to yours.I too agree that just because you are raised with two female parents or two male parents doesn’t make you any different than being raised by heterosexual parents or only one parent or even your grandparents or even a guardian.It’s all about how the parent parents.

I found a good cite that you could use for your research paper ( http://www.aamft.org/imis15/aamft/content/consumer_updates/same-sex_parents_and_their_children.aspx) This website is “American Association for marriage and Family Therapy” with the Tile of ” Same sex parents and Their children.” At the bottom it gives you resources from where they go their information from.I thought it was a reliable source because it’s a (.org) so it’s an organization and it want to help you.They also tell you where you can find a therapist which is cool.

3. Alexandria 4 weeks ago

Hey Sara, your post caught my eye due to the strong title. Now a days, same sex marriage is becoming to normal that them starting a family is something a lot of people want also. A article/resource i think that should help is , http://www.aamft.org/imis15/aamft/content/consumer_updates/same-sex_parents_and_their_children.aspx i found a lot of useful information that think you should use.