I intend to address the relationship between anxiety and the error related negativity across development. I currently work in a clinical psychophysiology lab at MSU where they are doing a current study on this. I love working there and find it super interesting. This research is significant because if we can see how the relationship between these two develop over development, we will be able to advance mental illness research. I probably cannot add anything to the conversation as there are only handful of psychologists doing this study, and they are all much more educated than me. But I like the topic, so I am going to talk about it. I already have three science journals from three different sources. Since I work in the lab, I am able to ask my peers any questions I have as well as the psychologist in charge of the study. The main difference between the sources is what error related negativity is, and the ages of the children participating in the study.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Relationship between Anxiety and Error Related Negativity in Children by Emily is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Khloie 3 weeks ago

Emily, I really look forward to reading your final article on the subject. I genuinely relate to this subject because most of my anxiety is linked to error, or maybe not and I actually never knew it was a real issue nor something people even researched to try to understand, but I want to understand as well and would love to help out so here’s a website that might http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/summary?doi=10.1.1.521.666 The report on this that both researchers Jacob B. Hirsh and Michael Inzlicht explain greatly their opinion on the matter of error related negativity and why they think it’s caused. Hope this helps!

2. Bryce 4 weeks ago

Emily: I am interested in your topic and look forward to seeing how it fleshes out. If this helps, here’s a link to a site that talks about these two things being connected. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3856858/