Homework, something we have endured for years. Being told to do work with no idea if it is even worth it. Finland got rid of homework a few years ago and are now considered one of the smartest countries in the world. It got me thinking, is homework even beneficial to our education? So far, I’ve been researching the benefits of homework and there are arguments for both sides. Some say homework doesn’t help, others do. How do you feel about homework? Do you think it is beneficial?

Photo by r.nial.bradshaw

CC BY-SA 4.0 Homework, Punishment or Privilege? by Nate is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Siedra K. 4 weeks ago

Dear Nate,
    Your article portrays many ideas about homework. I believe homework does lead to anxiety and anger. Teachers do however understand that time is very hard to accumulate when we have a lot of tasks to get done. Teachers and professors have a profession in giving homework and assignments. Many students do not enjoy homework and would rather get everything done in class.Likewise, for me I actually like to do some of it at home because there are less distractions. My advice is to take time in class to slowly do your work and finish the rest at home. Moreover, this article gives a well defined analysis on opinions of homework

2. Cesario 1 month ago

Dear, Nate
    I agree with your post about homework, your post “Homework,Punishment or Privilege” because I would always argue with my teachers about homework or get mad. I thought t did because some of my teaches told me it helps us remember but when you said Finland took homework ff of school and now their one of the smartest schools I was amazed because that is a good piece of evidence. One part of your post that stands out to me is the evidence part about Finland because that is great piece of evidence. Another part I read is where you said is homework needed. This stood out to me because we need more people to ask questions like this.Your post reminded me of when i was younger I didn’t want to do the homework and felt like I didn’t need it. Thanks for your post . I look forward to see what else you have to say about the world.

3. Nevin 1 month ago

Dear Nate, I also have heard about Finland getting rid of homework and now being considered being one of the most smartest countries in the world. Both arguments about homework beneficial and unbeneficial have a lot strong evidence on both sides.