I am beginning to write a paper on the flaws of the adoption system in the U.S., and I would love some fresh ideas or contributions of sources.

I have several ideas regarding the specific topics I’ll be researching, including the issues of foster care, the length of the adoption process, cost, mental health affects on the children, and the inconsistent rates of adoption between varying ages. Hundreds of thousands of children are currently in the foster care system, and everyone deserves a loving home. However, the process to get there is not always easy, and I want to raise awareness in my classroom and on Youth Voices of the problems involved in the adoption system. I am interested in interviewing a family friend who has adopted many children at different times in her life, but I am also looking for some articles or research reports that cover a variety of viewpoints on this topic.

Please feel free to add any comments!

CC BY-SA 4.0 Adoption Inquiry by Adelle is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Jalen 3 weeks ago

I agree with your article about adoption and that every child should have a caring home. I feel like parents never want to really put their child up for adoption , I think that the parents who put their child up for adoption had a turning point in their life and maybe they couldn’t take care of a kid they wasn’t ready. This is a problem for the kid just as much as it is for they parent because there parents are leaving them. Feel free to check out this link.

https://www.thenation.com/article/shotgun-adoption/