Hello, I’m working on a research project about how the American Education System effects children negatively in both a mental and emotional aspect. Here’s my prospectus:

In my research paper, I wish to address the problem of how the American education system discourages creativity and promotes conformity, which, in turn, leads to unhappier students. This is interesting because I am very concerned about the mental well-being of people and what affects this, and the schooling system definitely has a big impact on this. The problem is problematic because fixing it would mean restructuring the American school system altogether and because not fixing it would mean unhappy students who are unprepared for the individuality expected of them when pursuing a career. This problem is significant because while the American school system creates unhappy and indistinct people who are trying to find a job in a job market that wants cheery and creative people. I can add to this conversation surveys taken from a medium-sized group of high school students and what these surveys say about our schooling system. I will make sure that I am reading broadly on this subject by actively searching out differing viewpoints on this issue and listening to what they have to say. In response to this, I will create my own responses to these arguments in the form of my own argument.

I was wondering if anyone had anything to add to this, as well as if anyone has some good articles for me to read? I’m struggling with finding more sources.

CC BY-SA 4.0 The Effects of the American Schooling System on Mental Health: a Forum by Katie is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.