I want to research the amount of Native Americans living on reservations and how well they are doing, or if their health is improving or declining. This would have ranging information depending on each state so I could choose whether to do the country as a whole or just by states. This is interesting to me because it has to do with the treatment of my ancestors and if it’s getting worse or better. For as long as we can remember the Native Americans have been mistreated, and if that goes on today no one is doing anything about it. I can add my own opinion and possible solutions to the conversation taking place. Information won’t be an issue regarding this subject. I can access my own tribe’s history for facts (Sault St. Marie Tribe of Chippewa), I can compare the findings to the rest of the reservations/tribes in Michigan, and maybe even compare them to the rest of the United States as a whole. It would be interesting to see how the history of the Native Americans has played out today.

Native American reservations are difficult to understand, one would think the issue of poor treatment is over because the country has left them to their own devices. However, due to the lack of health care and low food security explains the substandard health of their people. A once cultured people are spiralling downwards from increasing suicide rates and poverty. How are Native Americans fairing in today’s economic climate compared to years ago?

Could I have some feedback on my thesis and whether or not it covers enough ground?

CC BY-SA 4.0 Native American Treatment Today by Sebastian is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.