An important topic I need to address is hate crimes. Demonstrating my beliefs on hate crimes is important because it is something that relates to all of us since we all have the right to free speech and expression. More and more laws are being passed against hate crimes and so it’s very important that I share my firm opinions and beliefs on the matter with the hope of encouraging other people to form beliefs on the matter themselves. It is problematic because people often have disagreements in defining hate crimes and when—if ever— an act of hate becomes too extreme to be a freedom. I can add to the subject how they relate to the words and actions of students like myself and how actions we previously thought were harmless and just our rights may now become illegal. I can make sure I address different perspectives by reading counterarguments to gain insight into the minds of people who have opposing viewpoints on hate crimes. I will also directly address 1-2 disagreeing claims on hate crimes and I will thoroughly explain why they are wrong.

Are there any other ideas any of you think I should include in my bibliography?

CC BY-SA 4.0 Ideas for Hate Crime Research by Brandon is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.