Gun control seems to be a very relevant and controversial topic in our national affairs.  Gun control is the set of laws or policies that regulate the manufacture, sale, transfer, possession, modification, or use of firearms by civilians.  After recent mass shooting tragedies, more attention has been brought to the use and possession of firearms by civilians.  Many believe there shall be a laws passed to protect the people from such crimes.  Many believe placing laws that limit the sale, possession, and modifications of firearms will reduce gun violence.  Many against gun violence argue that the second amendment grants them rights to bear arms.  Many questions are left to linger, and in my research I’m going to validate both sides of gun control (those for and against it) and how gun control effects society or could possibly affect our nation more if laws are passed.  I’m going to make sure I gather information from reliable sources probably from the school databases.  

If you have anything to add and ideas or sources please add a comment, and join my conversation.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Gun Control Inquiry by Luke is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Oliver 2 years ago

Dear Luke,
    I am glad to hear, that you are informing people about gun control in the United States. It is a very big topic in todays society. Shootings are becoming a more common occurrence in this country and no one thinks they are safe anymore. Our federal government is not doing anything to make changes for the better because they are being paid to say what companies want to hear. It is sad but it is the truth, Here is a link I believe can help you research this topic into more detail https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2848468/

2. Cesario 2 years ago

Dear,Luke
    I am impressed of your post “gun control inquiry, because a lot of students or kids don’t get to talk about this information. Also I believe some people should have a gun but they need to go through a proces.One part of your post that reminded me of something of my past is that my uncle had a gun but not just for protection but he would also mess around. Your post is really amazing I can’t wait to read some more of your work.

3. Shania 2 years ago

I totally agree with everything you are talking about. People shouldn’t use violence for everything, they should’t use it at all.