An issue surrounding our education system contains the skewed mindset of educators and students, I am researching the effects of fixed mindset in education and why growth mindset is more valuable. This is interesting to me because I am going into education as my major as well as I see myself as a person who has gone from a fixed mindset to a growth mindset. I do not think many people understand the difference and that it is an issue that needs to be addressed and taught to kids from a young age. To have a fixed mindset is to focus on recording our learning and not developing it, valuing grades more than education, and that talent creates success not hard work. This is something that schools have trained us to focus on and educators are realizing that is unhealthy for the students. I plan on reading sources about the good things about growth mindset as well as the negative effects of fixed mindsets. I also feel that I need to research what it means to have natural intelligence as well as how that affects your education, as well read articles that have the argument of fixed mindset is not negative.

For my research I have crested a survey to get students opinions and feedback. Please be as honest as possible so the results are accurate! Thank you so much!

CC BY-SA 4.0 Growth Mindset in Education: Survey by Emma is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.