For my research project I am researching how depression affects a person. I intend to look into both the emotional and physical effects. This topic interested me because I read Shadows in the Sun by Gayathri Ramprasad. In the book Gayathri tells the story of her struggle with depression and how she overcomes it. She also talks about the social stigma surrounding mental illness in India. Her story interested me very much a made me want to learn more about depression. Many people do not understand the seriousness of depression and do not acknowledge it as a legitimate disease. By researching depression I hope to learn more about the seriousness of depression as well as how to help people with depression. I also hope to inform the public about it so that we can all take depression seriously.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Depression: How it affects a person by Claire is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.