The controversy of whether scientists should develop a singularity (when Artificial Intelligence thought process surpasses one of a human) is an argument which has been growing traction as our knowledge of computers expands. It is an issue that will occur sometime in our life times and will affect nearly everyone in the world. Whether it’s for work or personal use, computers have found ways to embed themselves into our lives. But once these computers are able to think at the level of humans, they will be able to perform all these tasks by themselves. This means that many of the tasks one does on a daily basis will be able to be replaced by a computer which can perform just as well as a human or even better. As an aspiring computer scientist, I find the growth of this technology very interesting and have many thoughts of ways Artificial Intelligence can be implemented in a positive way. By reading a variety of articles ranging from the benefits of AI to the detriments of AI, I will be able to get an understanding of both sides of the argument and provide solid counter arguments to rebuttal. I would love to hear your opinions on this issue. Do you think we are ready for this life changing technology or should we halt our progression in this field?  

CC BY-SA 4.0 AI taking over the World? by Gubi is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.