Climate change has become a “hot topic” in the scientific and political community, but it remains a complicated subject that many do not explore fully before formulating an opinion. With news sources that increasingly push one political agenda or another, and politicians who attempt to oversimplify an extremely complicated phenomenon, it can be difficult to form an objective opinion of what is happening in our atmosphere. A reference to multiple studies from NASA suggests that “97 percent or more of actively publishing climate scientists agree that climate warming trends are likely due to human activity.” However, a general consensus, while significant, is not enough information on which the average individual should base an argument over climate change. We need to thoroughly explore scientific studies, expert accounts, and objective data to see what effects climate change, or efforts to reduce climate change, may have on our economy, environment and daily lives. I am currently in the process of undertaking this project and hope that this may raise awareness to encourage others to also be informed about the issue. I welcome any thoughts, discussions or suggestions of sources!

CC BY-SA 4.0 Objectivity in Researching Climate Change by Paul is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Joseph 4 weeks ago

I liked your post, Paul. I agree that climate change is a big issue, but there isn’t enough data or research being conducted to portray the image of climate change. I also concur that there are immense amounts of simplification of such an intricate topic. Climate change may be a broad and complex issue, but to every problem, there is a cause, and most people point to greenhouse gases. I feel that humans aren’t doing enough to fix it. I like how you raised awareness about the issue. Keep it up.