Zamboni. The satisfaction of just saying the word, zamboni, is similar to beating a high score on a game or getting a good grade on an assignment. After saying the word, zamboni, images of an ice skater twirling in the air, memories of ice skating with my friends and the hum of a large machine rolling across the ice instantly appear in my mind. Not only do all of these great memories begin to flood my mind, serotonin is injected into my brain with every pronunciation. If I ever feel the need for a quick pick-me up, I can just say the word “zamboni” a few times out loud and it is guaranteed to make my mood better. I encourage everyone to bring more zamboni into their lives. Not only will it increase your overall happiness, it will make the people around you wonder what in the world you are saying, and then you can explain it to them. This will then become a chain-reaction where everyone will begin to say the word zamboni, everyone could use a little zamboni in their life and you the reader have the power to give it to them. So the next time you are feeling down about life or you need a little pick me up, remember that the English language has granted you a gift, the gift of the zamboni.

Photo by Digiart2001 | jason.kuffer

CC BY-SA 4.0 Zamboni by Koji is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Lily 3 months ago

Koji your post instantly brought a smile to my face. ZAMBONI! You made this word deeper in meaning and you made it exciting, who wouldn’t love the sound or feeling this word gives when it rolls off the tongue? Zamboni is a word that is going to be widely used in my vocabulary from now on, I’ll use it in all the random scenarios…..even if it doesn’t necessarily apply. Although this world is FULL of definitions, who says we can’t make our own? For that’s how language is created. Thank you for sharing this post and your thoughts! Loved the post, it was ZAMBONIOUS!!

2. Ronnie 10 months ago

Koji! Wow, this post made my day! While reading this, I could instantly feel my mood improving. You made me think about what other words bring people joy, I bet there’s a lot out there. I happened to look up what the most satisfying words are to say in the English language, and let me tell you, saying some brought me joy! Zamboni just happens to be #5!!! http://www.pajiba.com/seriously_random_lists/the-25-most-satisfying-words-to-say-in-the-english-language.php
    Keep up the good work!

3. Elizabeth 10 months ago

Koji,

I thought this was an interesting approach to writing about a zamboni. Being a figure skater, I totally relate to this, however I do want to point out that figure skaters don’t do twirls. I do think everyone could use a little zamboni in their lives.

4. Sara 10 months ago

Koji,
    This post was great, and honestly reading it made my mood better. You are right that the word ‘zamboni’ is only satisfying. I honestly came into this post expecting something different, but I’m glad that is wasn’t. This writing made me wonder what are some other ways that the zamboni has helped people, so I looked up stories and it was quite interesting. Thank you for making me rethink the way I see zambonis, making me laugh, and I hope to read more from you in the future.