In the next few weeks I will be writing a research paper for my Expository writing class. For this research essay I will be addressing is why it is better to be vaccinated than not. The topic of vaccination is very controversial and sparks a conversation because people have a ton of different opinions and reasons why or why not to. This topic poses a problem because whether or not your parents chose to vaccinate you could impact you for the rest of your life. It also is significant because not being vaccinated properly people could have a higher chance of becoming sick with a disease or illness that could potentially change their life. Some are also saying that being vaccinated could cause children to have autism, which would change their life as well. I will be adding a lot of information, along with a personal story to why it is so important to be vaccinated properly. For a long time the question to vaccinate or not has been a big discussion but in the last five or eight years it has gotten bigger and there has been even more research done. It is becoming even a bigger deal as parents are becoming more “organic”. Also with the rise in autism they are seeing, some people believe that there is a connection between too many shots at once and autism. I will cross check my information along with using reliable sources, and make sure to add the viewpoints from different reliable sites and sources. As I begin to write this paper if there is any ideas or suggestions you have for me as something to look into or research more in depth, I would be more than happy to hear your ideas.

CC BY-SA 4.0 To vaccinate or not to vaccinate by McKenna is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Claire 1 week ago

McKenna,

This is a great topic! I am interested to see how you back up your arguments and if there is some connection between vaccines and autism. I myself feel that I need to be more informed about this as I will soon be 18 and have to make my own medical decisions. I would love to see what you find out.

2. Tyler 1 week ago

This is a very interesting topic. I’ve heard people fight about this in school and in public, so it’s obviously a heated topic. I’d love to see your opinion on the topic and what you find out in your research.

3. Molly 1 week ago

McKenna,
    This is a great topic to write about! I suggest the CDC, the WHO, and medical journals to do research for your paper. I hope that the research you find will better inform people so they can know if it is safe, and or beneficial to vaccinate. I would also read specially about the increased rates of autism in rich countries, you may be surprised at the real reason the rates are going up. Hope this helps!
    -Molly

4. Srihita 1 week ago

McKenna, I am actually really interested in reading your article because this is something that has been interesting to me as well. My mom and I have different opinions on this topic and we argue about whether vaccinations are beneficial or not. Hopefully after reading your piece, I will know more about this topic and both sides of this issue.