Something that has interested me for years is sleep paralysis.  Many people I have talked to have never experienced sleep paralysis, and after doing some research I’ve realized that this is not something that happens to many people in their day to day lives, and if so, they don’t often experience again.  Sleep paralysis, in short for those of you who haven’t heard about it or experienced it yourselves, it is the feeling of being paralyzed in your sleep.  For some people they see shadows in the shape of people in their rooms or swirling black clouds, for others it’s just an intense feeling of fear.  Whether you actually see something or not, the consistent factor is fear.  I am wondering if any of you have experienced sleep paralysis, and if so, what was your experience like?

CC BY-SA 4.0 Shadow in the corner by Catherine is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Sebastian 1 week ago

Dear Catherine,
    Your piece is very interesting but there’s not much here about your findings. This sounds horrifying but you only go one sentence into explaining the intensity. It would be awesome if you went more into detail about this topic because there’s a lot about the topic. Find more!! This is an awesome topic.