Point of View Writing About a Photo:

Reef

Below the surface

Beneath the surging waves

I have been growing

An anchor to life

I break the tranquility

I offer a home

Adorned in colors

As vibrant as a rainbow

On the ocean floor

Sunlight travels

Refracted in the current

Casting shadows

Below the surface

Beneath the surging waves

Everything is one

CC BY-SA 4.0 Reef by Anna is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Violet 1 week ago

Anna, I appericate your poem. In a time of turmoil this peom leaves my feeling calm and safe. So thankyou for giving me a break from the chaos. ( also if I like to learn more about reefs you might want to read ” The Reef” by Ian McCalman).

2. Reagan 1 week ago

Anna, I loved your poem. I recently got back from a trip to Catalina Island where I snorkeled frequently and saw many of the images your poem presented. I’m not sure if it was intentional, but your stanzas all follow a similar structure to a haiku poem–give or take a few syllables here and there. I loved the use of repetition in the first and last stanzas as well. If you are interested in learning more about coral reefs, here is a great informational website I found! http://ocean.si.edu/corals-and-coral-reefs