My Home

There’s a place.

Not far from my mind but,

far from my reach.

It’s not just a place,

It’s my home.

I see the familiar smiling faces,

And the sun always shining.

Where endless hills are covered in green,

And the air is unbearably sticky.

This special place even far away,

is not so far away at all.

It’s right here.

In my heart, and constantly in my memory.

My Home.

CC BY-SA 4.0 My Poetry of Place by Cheryl is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Sonia 6 months ago

your poem is one of the ones I like because I feel like most people don’t think of home as a important place.My favorite part of the poem is when you said that it’s far but it’s still far for you.

2. Sonia 6 months ago

I liked your poem because I feel like most people don’t think of home as a important place.My favorite part of the poem is when you said that it’s far but it’s still far for you.

3. Averi 2 years ago

submit to lit

4. Colin 2 years ago

Cheryl,
    I really enjoyed reading your poem about home. I liked how you were able to create happy thoughts even when your home is far away. Going off to college and entering a new transition, it is important to keep thoughts that cheer you up close to your hear. You made it clear that home is whatever you want it to be in your mind and has no restrictions. For me my home is around a bonfire with my best friends in Wisconsin.

5. Anthony 2 years ago

Cheryl,
    I really loved your poem about your home. The idea of home is something that I will miss so much when I leave but coming back will always be special because that is where most people have grown up in their whole life. A home is more than just four walls and a roof it’s a place where we know where everything is if our were blindfolded it’s a place where we can surrender ourselves to and shield us from the outside. A warm fire and a nice nice cup of coffee is where I see my home.