Consider the organisms and bacteria living in us, for example Microscopic mites living on our faces or Friendly bacteria that help our bodies function internally. They are all apart of a system that leads to a bigger being, which is us, but then we as humans are in a system leading to something bigger than ourselves. I’m not saying what I am thinking is a totally legit theory, it’s just a fun idea, and maybe our floating piece of rock is apart of a normal functioning thing. Of course, we are more aware of our existence and surroundings than a demodex folliculorum, and trying to compare ourselves to a bacteria is a bit insulting. Then there’s those actual questions and theories about whether space ends or loops around on itself.

Our galaxy could be inside another and another, and that means space is endless and there is no edge to the vacuum we live in. I wonder sometimes if we could travel through space, would we be afraid of getting lost and we wouldn’t be able to find our way back to earth? Then there’s the other idea where our galaxy is just looping around. I see a black sphere speckled with stars and black holes are sink holes leading to other random places. How wrong is my interpretation of that thought? What happens if the sphere grew? What would the inside of the sphere mean? or are we on the inside of the sphere and black holes lead us out to a bigger place?

Does the Universe Have an Edge?  Explained the ballooning universe where we are ants living on a galactic balloon. When the sphere expands, or in this case the balloon expands, the distance to travel between a place to another is elongated. When the balloon expands, it becomes three dimensional and the universe is considered not to be three dimensional. So the analogy doesn’t really work. Then the universe could be a sphere with a horizon that seems endless, and we are ants moving round and round trying to find the end. Does the Universe Have an Edge? Entertains the idea that the universe could be endless in our heads when really it’s just looping. I don’t ever expect an actual answer, but I do like listening to the possibilities.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Maybe the universe never ends, or maybe it does… by Angelica is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.