The practice of lobbying has been around since America’s gilded age, when the young nation first experienced the sheer power of big business. Lobbying is the practice of paying legislators money for elections in exchange for political favors. Explicitly, this practice is illegal, but the supreme court has identified money as free speech, so this practice cannot be constitutionally stopped. However, the constitution guarantees a level playing field to its citizens concerning their political voice. Should lobbying be tolerated as an extension of free speech, or should it be done away with, as it awards wealthier individuals more political power?Tags: makingroomfordebate
- So, what does Planned Parenthood actually do?
- Drone strikes violate human rights and commit war crimes
- Improving America’s Inner Cities
- The logistics: Euthanasia and Physician Assisted Suicide
- Should the tobacco industry be held accountable for Its exploitation of individuals with mental health conditions and members of the military?
#EthnicStudies #FremontHigh #FREMONTHIGHSCHOOL #Geneticengineering #LRNG#Fremont #okemos #okemos high school #psc #Shakespear #Trump 2nextprez Animation Black Lives Matter BSGE change Climate Change Digital Storytelling drugs education family Fremont High Fremont High School happiness health Immigration life LIfe Academy LifeAcademy Love LRNG NameMemoir Oakland OHS okemos okemos high school okemoshighschool Othello poetry research scratch Shakespeare society stress technology This I Believe TIB