What is Your Favorite Word? Why?

My favorite word is laughter. Ever since I was little, people have described me as a person who is always laughing. When people hear the word laugh, they may think of being made fun of, of everyone everyone laughing at them. However, I think of laughing with people, and not having a care in the world. When I laugh, I am enjoying life and picking the good things and emphasizing them over the bad. Laughter allows me to express myself. Others can understand my personality and what my views are.

It conjures up memories of me laughing uncontrollably with friends so much that I can’t breathe and my stomach hurts. Among the long and sometimes tedious hours of the school day, the ability to laugh makes it more endurable. An unexpected consequence of laughter are the friends I have made from it. It has determined what people’s first impressions of me are, especially in times of meeting new people. I am grateful that I laughed a lot in the first days of lunch freshmen year of high school.

Laughter implies smiling. If you can laugh without smiling I applaud you and want to see it. It will make me laugh. I believe in Audrey Hepburn’s quote, “A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear,” because it is beautiful to watch someone enjoy life.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Laughter is Beautiful by Mary is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.