One person who means a lot to me had asked me what my future looks like and if I know what I want to do. He was talking about how he has his already planned out. I did to but I told him that I wasn’t quite sure. That was wrong of me to say that. So I thought about it more and ended up telling him. Doing is always going to be different than what you have said. You can say what your plans are for your future but you then have to really stick to it and prove not only to yourself but the people that matter. The people who look up to you, are in your life, or the people counting on you. I was not on the best path one year ago. I hated who I was and it bothers me more than it probably should, but I ask myself….”who do I want to be? Who is me? What is my true self?” This guy who is really important asked me the same questions. I talk to him about a lot but lately he has been the most on my mind because it feels like he has all of  sudden distanced himself just as I’m realizing who I truly am and who I want to be. The moral of this post is, don’t worry or care to much about what people think, if they like you, or if you are accepted. The people who care about you and are there for you will do it anyway no matter what you do. People will be there to help you and teach you things,  but you also have to learn and teach yourself. Things in life won’t always come easy. Man or Woman, you are strong and in the world we live in today, you have to be strong not as much for others, but for yourself. No matter what, you’re doing great. Just be you. Other peoples views on you don’t matter as long as you are being yourself and true.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Learning for your life by Makenna is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Tess 2 weeks ago

Hi Makenna,
    I think everyone can relate to your post in some way. I think until people are able to accept us we must learn to accept ourselves. Once we figure out who we are as individuals and gain confidence it becomes easier to meet new people and establish friendships. I think this part in your essay, “you are strong and in the world we live in today, you have to be strong not as much for others, but for yourself” is very true. We are our own worst critic. We need to be strong, we need to get used to rejection and hardships because unfortunately they are a part of life. I like the end message of your essay. The most important thing is to be true to yourself. I want to hear more about how these hardships you’ve gone through have shaped your life in a positive way.
    Thanks, Tess

2. Billy 2 weeks ago

Makenna, this post was very accurate as it is true that people should accept you for who you are and that if they don’t, others will come along who do genuinely care for you as a person. Another great thing about your post was how you explained that things in life don’t always come easy, but you didn’t exactly tell about how they related to your topic of “Who do I want to be?”. Your ideas are all there, they just have to be connected in a more meaningful way that relates to your initial question. I found an article that relates to your question, and I hope that it helps. Thank you for sharing this post, and I look forward to what you have to say in the future.

https://lifehacker.com/four-ways-to-figure-out-what-you-really-want-to-do-with-513095544