Dear Mr.President,

According to Socialsolutions.com, they said the following statistics are alarming: 564,708 people in the U.S. are homeless. There’s no way those many people suppose to be homeless in the so called “Best Country in The World.”This means that there are many people out there that is just out on the street and have no where to stay. Having shelter is a need and it’s something you just have to have. Nobody wants to just not have a home . Especially when most people has one.  Someone from a different country would be shocked once they see the seriousness of our homeless situation.

According to huffingtonpuff.com The GDP of America is an astronomical $18 trillion. So we have this much money and can’t get shelters for the ones that need a home? Or we can’t find a different way to get people off the street? We don’t want homeless people sleeping on the ground. Plus only a certain number of people can be in the shelters we have.

Forbes.com says 68 percent of homeless people were provided with emergency shelter, according to a report from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development.This means a little bit more than half of the homeless people are in the emergencies shelter.This matters because we need more homeless people off the street. Big time cities would have homeless people sleeping on the ground and it make those cities look bad. How can only some people have somewhere to stay?

Ja’Kavien Lewis

CC BY-SA 4.0 Lets Talk About The Homeless.. by Ja'Kavien is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Ricardo 2 weeks ago

One thing you said that stands out for me is: “The GDP of America is an astronomical $18 trillion. So we have this much money and can’t get shelters for the ones that need a home?” I think this is sad because there’s many people that are homeless, and shouldn’t be as the government has this ridiculous amount of money, yet isn’t spending it in productive stuff.
    Thanks for sharing your post. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because you’re writing stuff that is very interesting, and that i enjoy, hopefully your next post is even better than this one as you are a great writer.
    Regards,
    Ricardo M.