Dear Mr. Presidentabortion photo

Abortions are a problem , the number of abortions expand more than death rates. Abortions are going on everyday and the number of abortions need to be reduced. Some people are okay with abortions but there also other options instead of killing the baby and hurting the fetus. Sometimes abortions can leave pieces and parts of the baby body part because the doctor didn’t get all of it out .

Women who have abortions are most likely to have depression, people are out here that can’t  have kids ever and will take a kid in, in a heartbeat. Abortions are just plain murder to me and It’s an unsafe procedure. If someone decided to get an abortion I would simply just tell them to take the abortion pill. Mainly because I feel like It’s the easier and a better route to take. I just couldn’t imagine going through them stages. Each year millions of teenagers become pregnant and half of those pregnancies are unplanned and unintended.

I think One way to stop abortion is to start a Pregnancy Club. I believe every church or something should have a program like this and a consular just to talk to indecisive woman and there decision on to keep the baby. Because I believe every child should have a chance to Live no matter who they are.

• Mykayla Foster.

Photo by lunar caustic

CC BY-SA 4.0 Decisions by mykayla is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Mae 1 week ago

Mykayla, I found your article very intriguing! I am not sure exactly where I stand on this issue, being Catholic, I want to say it’s wrong and everything happens for a reason, but at the same time, this topic is a “grey area” topic. Although a lot of abortions are from teenagers, there are a lot of abortions that occur for others reasons besides a result of careless unprotected sex. For example, the woman could have been raped or forced. Ask yourself the question, would I want to give birth to my rapist’s child? And what if the woman is sick or what if having the baby would do the woman more harm than good on both her mental and physical health? Or, what if having this baby at such a young age affects the baby’s health? As for adoption, yes, adoption is great. Personally, if I were put in a situation where I was pregnant, I would want to carry the child and then give it up for adoption. I know this comes with lots of problems like hospital bills and separation anxiety due to giving away the baby, but to better myself for the future, it would be the best choice. Having a child at this age would not be sustainable for me, although others could be able to do so. I really like your post and thank you for sharing your opinion, but I have one favor to ask. Can you elaborate on, “Sometimes abortions can leave pieces and parts of the baby body part because the doctor didn’t get all of it out,”? I would really like to see some sources on where that information was found. Thanks again. -Mae Jan

2. Molly 2 weeks ago

MyKayla,
    You wrote an interesting paper. I respectfully disagree with your claim. Abortions are very safe in America, and they provide women with options that concern their future. Are there moral questions? Yes, of course. Abortions are always a difficult choice. I would elaborate on your claims. There was a lack of sources and a lack of information. Life is valuable and wonderful, but the life of the mother also needs to be considered. A pregnancy club is a good idea, I would suggest also talking about different forms of birth control to help ensure that less abortions are needed. Churches especially could benefit from pregnancy clubs, seeing that 62% of abortions are done for christian women (Guttmacher Institute, 2014). Thank you for writing this. Hope that the pregnancy club works out!
    -Molly

3. Josh 4 weeks ago

Hello Mykayla,
    I absolutely loved the article, and I think your logical approach to this evident problem is a very viable one.I am personally pro life, and I think that people could do with a little more logical thought and a little less feeling.
    But i do think that your essay (being a persuasive one) could use more of an argumentative edge. For instance, doesn’t it upset upset you when pro choice advocates only say, “my body” without any explanation. You were onto something when you brought up the depression in women but you didn’t take it as far as you could’ve. There are lots of tangible arguments that could be used in your argument or at least elaborated upon. again thank you for your care of sensitive social conflicts
    -Joshua N.