“Never judge people who have little to nothing, as one day you may find yourself having nothing at all” Who are we as human beings if we ignore the suffering of others..Those who walk past and look on and do nothing should be ashamed… Have you ever thought about the things we take for granted the homeless pray and wish they had.. Do you believe that a human being deserves to live where others spit and vomit?
Dear Mr or Mrs President, Did you know homelessness is a big issue in the united states? According to statics 564,708 are homeless and 2.5% of that are kids. Everyday human beings suffer whether it be from sitting out in the cold from winter to even hot summers. I’ve been to big states like Las vegas, Florida, Mexico, and New Orleans. All day people lay in the streets and the sidewalks and benches with nothing but a cardboard or an old beat up blanket with holes to keep them warm. People walk past them like they’re not even people, like their beneath them. Whether you’re black or white everyone deserves the right to a shelter to a clean bed and clean water. Everyone should lend a hand in building more buildings more soup kitchen more shelters.. When you see children on the streets basically begging for money because they need it and not want it and you have spare change that will always sit there at the lowest point of your pocket is it really a crime to share? When you go out and spend over 100’s of dollars do you think about those who wish they had that kind of money? If not money donate to a shelter give some money show a little care.. Think about this if you were homeless and you needed money for your kids and a meal to hold them for a night people walked past you just like you walked past them how would that make you feel? Will that make you wish that you would’ve gave or donated some money to someone in need? Homelessness is a big issue because there’s something everyone can do to lend a hand. It’s not the fact that people don’t attempt to get back on their feet it’s that some people suffer from House fires, Divorce, No job/Unemployment, No family, and can’t afford a place to live. Imagine the steps that you would have to take every precaution to earn back everything you lost?
Why does this matter? What can we do to save or stop homelessness? We can lend a helping hand to those in need. We can go volunteer at soup kitchens and homeless shelters and bring food and water. We can give hope and wisdom to those in a need of a word or a prayer. The least anyone can do is give a little change or anything spare. If everyone in this world lends a hand in helping the homeless get back on their feet it would make this world a little better at a time.
The United States is under homelessness consider the questions and feelings on how serious this situation is..
Aleashiaray Rheaves

CC BY-SA 4.0 The Homeless Will Not Be Ignorned by Aleashiaray is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Bryant 4 weeks ago

Hi Aleashiaray, I’ve been wanting to bring up this topic in my writing, as I also feel strongly about how there are homeless people everywhere around the United States. Like you said ” People walk past them like they’re not even people”. I agree with you because a little empathy needs to be shown to these people, even if you aren’t in their position you could be one day. I wish that more people would show that they cared or start caring. If you haven’t already checked out this website I would advise you to do so, it has some valuable information about the homeless. https://endhomelessness.org/homelessness-in-america/homelessness-statistics/state-of-homelessness-report/

2. Karen 4 weeks ago

Dear Aleashiaray,
    I am interested in your post because there are so many homeless people in this world and not many help them. I want to do something in order to have them stand up on their feet as well. One thing you said that stands out for me is, “We can give hope and wisdom to those in a need of a word or a prayer” I think this is intelligent because us humans do pray and we want people to be praying for the homeless even if they walk and ignore them. We at least want the prayers to be out for them to have a better life.