My name is Franciely Paulino. I was born and raised in Samana, a touristy city in the Dominican Republic. There, you wake up to the rooster singing and the smell of coffee. I wouldn’t trade my homeland for anything in this world.

I migrated to this country with my dad at the age of 9. At the age of 14, I moved in with my aunt, and since then I have lived in Brooklyn. As much as I love Brooklyn, I really miss my country, my family, and friends. Anyway, I’m in high school now, I’m a senior (¡Thank god!). I can’t wait to go to college and start my career as a secret agent or detective. I’m really excited to study criminal justice. The reason I want to be a detective or secret agent is because I want to help out girls that are being kidnapped and abused. I want to be able to save them to take them out of the dungeon that they are in.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Ms. Paulino by Franciely is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.