Dear Mr./Mrs.President,

I am writing to you about a serious issue that is rising in the USA, child neglect. A child needs a loving family to grow up healthy and happy. I think you should do something about this because a child is a precious, a child depends on a parent to take care of them, and a child deserves to have the chance to feel loved and wanted. Many kids don’t feel that and I want to be their voice.

My first reason is a child is precious. A child is a precious gift from God and if u feel it is okay for you to forget a child is their or focus more on you and not the child something is wrong. Many kids won’t speak up because they think it’s normal for that to happen. It’s not.

My second reason is a child depends on a parent to take care of them. A child doesn’t know the necessary things to take care of themselves. They can’t cook, clean, or dress themselves. They need a parent to help them with that and teach them.

My final point is a child deserves to feel loved and wanted. Many kids are depressed due to being alone and abandoned. Many kids feel loved by their parents, but there are many more who don’t feel loved or wanted by their parents due to being neglected. “Over 500,000 children are living in foster care and 60,000 report abuse. 900,000 confirmations of violence each year” states Kate Moulene in “America’s Abandoned Children.

Many kids need a home and a loving family to grow and to be happy. Every child deserves a chance at life that their parents don’t want to give them that. As an abandoned child myself this needs some attention.

Sevin Yoesting

CC BY-SA 4.0 Child Neglect Needs To Stop! by Sevin is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Alexandria 4 weeks ago

Dear Sevin,

Your post really stood out to me because this is another big issue here in the United States. I love how you game examples to your claim & gave reasoning. Only thing I disagree with is that you didn’t give examples from the news or something. I do agree that it happens to children everywhere & it isn’t something anyone should go through.

One thing that stood out to me is, “ I think you should do something about this because a child is a precious, a child depends on a parent to take care of them, and a child deserves to have the chance to feel loved and wanted. “ It stood out because I think it is true. Sad to say but, there are a lot of children who do go through this every day. I personally know a couple families that go through this & it breaks my heart because a child just wants love & attention from the adults in their lives.

I truly hope this article gets big & gets noticed. Things do need to change, hopefully one day it will. Have a good day.
    From, Alexandria Valdez