We’ve all seen or heard of the NFL and NBA players kneeling, raising their fists, or etc during the national anthem. They immediately got the attention they wanted but in doing this they also received unwanted attention and people started to believe they were insulting our soldiers by kneeling or raising a fist during the N.A. You can tell that they got even more attention when our president tweeted about wanting to fire all the players who participated in this.

These people who are risking their jobs are trying to get the word out that they’re not happy with the things happening in our country and now is the time to act, not later, not never, not soon, Now is the time to act because if we don’t act now we never will until it’s too late.

CC BY-SA 4.0 The Time Is Now by Jontae is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Grace 5 months ago

I agree that the players should be able to voice what they think and show that they feel bad things are happening in America. Many players have said that black people are no longer treated equal and I think that they have every right to voice their opinion but I do see that it is very disrespectful to the people who fight for our country everyday. I know the players don’t mean to disrespect the people in the military but the players are going to have people who disagree and agree with the decision they are making to kneel.

2. Yafet Kassa 5 months ago

I disagree with your post because NFL players did not protest by taking a knee and raising their fists for the attention. They did it to protest. This was the only way they can show that they do not agree with what is going on. But I agree with everything else you said. One thing you said that stood out to me was “These people who are risking their jobs are trying to get the word out that they’re not happy with the things happening in our country…” I agree with this statement because they really did risk their jobs to show what they stand for.

3. Eric 5 months ago

I agree with what your trying to say but its a little to late to start protesting. The reason why i said its to late is because Colin Kaepernick was protesting before every body and as i see it hes the only one that’s a free agent , but when he was protesting it felt like everybody was against him.Agreeing with what your saying ,but there a year to late.