,

There is a lot of controversy in the WNBA Finals this year. According to USA Today, the Los Angeles Sparks women’s basketball team refused to take part in the National Anthem as part of their protest. Before the game, the team would come out and warm up as any ordinary game then when it was time for the National Anthem the team went back into their locker room. Nothing was wrong with what they did, they were just showing how they felt about this whole little situation. Their opponents, the Minnesota Lynx stayed on the court and stood while the National Anthem was played. The way I feel about it is like it’s not even that serious people just want something to talk about. The Sparks had even received a letter from a Minnesota fan who thanked them for taking a stand and just not participate in it.

Photo by slgckgc

CC BY-SA 4.0 Trouble In The WNBA by Domanic is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Marco 1 year ago

Dear, Domanic

I totally agree with your essay. It was very good because It got thinking about how I used to play basketball and when people doing something on the court it does take time away from me . I don't really get a chance to get any practice before the games. But yes, I agree with your argument I think they should stop doing the national anthem before the games.