I feel like the athletes that are kneeling during the national anthem are right as far as the motive but have the delivery. It’s very understandable that people feel like they’re trying to disrespect the military and people who have lost their lives for our country. One thing people are failing to realize that is that they aren’t trying to disrespect anyone, but they’re trying to bring attention and light to a nationwide problem that is being looked past way to easily. People don’t understand because they have never had an encounter with social injustice but they should still understand that people are getting killed by the very task force that is supposed to be protecting and serving us. If we can’t rely on the force that’s suppose to protect us then who do we go to when we need help?

Another problem with this crisis is that people are so quick to assume it’s bad or turn their heads because the situation doesn’t really affect them. People should care no matter whether it affects them or not because it’s just the right thing to do but instead, people are getting mad at kneeling athletes for trying to stop these racially motivated crimes and make sure all people of color get their rights as a U.S. citizen. social injustice is probably one of the top hidden problems in the U.S. right now and has been for generations and our athletes are just trying to help bring awareness and attention to that, nothing more nothing less.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Not Allowed To Fight For Our Rights? by charles is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Fabian 12 months ago

Charles, I am satisfied with your post because you say that the NFL players that are kneeling during the national anthem, they are not trying to disrespect the military and I agree that their not. A lot of people think that they are fighting for their rights or perceiving it the wrong way but me personally I really know for what they are doing it and no one would disrespect the military. One thing that you said that stands out for me is “One thing people are failing to realize that is that they aren’t trying to disrespect anyone, but they’re trying to bring attention and light to a nationwide problem that is being looked past way to easily.” I think that this is true because too many Americans think it is all about “white privilege” and that is not what it should be of. I am one of the people that knows why they are doing it and I believe that every race should be treated as human beings and no one should be judged by their race.

2. Yafet 12 months ago

I am intrigued by your post because this topic is truly looked past. One thing you said that stood out to me was “Another problem with this crisis is that people are so quick to assume it’s bad or turn their heads because the situation doesn’t really affect them. People should care no matter whether it affects them or not because it’s just the right thing to do but instead, people are getting mad at kneeling athletes for trying to stop these racially motivated crimes and make sure all people of color get their rights as a U.S. citizen. social injustice is probably one of the top hidden problems in the U.S. right now and has been for generations and our athletes are just trying to help bring awareness and attention to that, nothing more nothing less.” This stood out to me because people do disagree with the way black people are protesting disrespectfully and don’t see it as them just trying to get their justice.

3. Eric 12 months ago

I agree with you all the way. seeing how you explained,”Another problem with this crisis is that people are so quick to assume it’s bad or turn their heads because the situation doesn’t really affect them.”Showing that people do just assume that its always bad and not knowing any information on the situation which is a problem in the world.Only if the world sees situations like you see them keep the work up.

4. Arthadius 12 months ago

This specific topic has been discussed, and is very important to be addressed. This is highly important because many people don’t understand what even happened, and they should be keeping up with news stories to be more diverse in knowledge. Many people see that skin color is the big difference and that on the outside you should be treated how you look and this is a huge diversion of rights.

5. EmmaC 12 months ago

Charles,
    I have read a couple of articles that focus on this topic. And I agree with your view point. I believe that people are rushing to judge the NFL players, when in fact it has nothing to do with disrespect toward the soldiers. The NFL players have the right to protest for what they believe in, President Trump should not be tweeting saying that they should be fired. You might like the post https://www.youthvoices.live/2017/10/03/america-is-failing/ . It is very similar to yours but it adds on to the discussion.
    Thank you for you thoughtful post.

6. Kaitlyn 12 months ago

Dear Charles,
    This specific topic has been widely discussed, and is very important to be addressed. This is highly important because many people don’t understand what even happened, and they should be keeping up with news stories to be more diverse in knowledge. On the other hand, others know exactly what happened and why and either act out and escalate the issue, or turn the other shoulder.
    Something that really stood out to me in your article was, ” People don’t understand because they have never had an encounter with social injustice but they should still understand that people are getting killed by the very task force that is supposed to be protecting and serving us.” This stuck out to me because, I feel in one way or another, small or big everybody has had to deal with injustice, because that’s just how the world is today. Everyone is always affected it just might be abstract.

7. Mercy 12 months ago

Charles,
    I am intrigued by your post because I feel like a lot of people are changing the focus of why players are kneeling for the national anthem. I agree with you because they aren’t meaning to disrespect anyone serving the U.S. I feel like kneeling is a way to represent that fact that they cannot stand for a country that is not protecting them because of their color or race.

One thing that stood out to me was when you said: “… people are getting killed by the very task force that is supposed to be protecting and serving us. If we can’t rely on the force that’s suppose to protect us then who do we go to when we need help?” In my own experience, I no longer feel safe when I see a police car on the streets, instead I feel more threatened. However, I know that not all police officers will shoot first and ask questions later because there are some worthy cops out there that are being stereotyped because some of their colleagues have made fatal and cruel mistakes with people they think are minorities.

8. Anna 12 months ago

Charles,
    This topic has been flooding media lately. I have had conversations with almost half of my teachers about this subject, not to mention a popular dinner conversation topic. I think you nail what’s going on with you statement, “One thing people are failing to realize that is that they aren’t trying to disrespect anyone, but they’re trying to bring attention and light to a nationwide problem that is being looked past way to easily.” This is a peaceful protest, but people can’t seem to get over the method. I think this source, http://uscode.house.gov/view.xhtml?req=granuleid:USC-prelim-title4-section8&num=0&edition=prelim would be helpful because it speaks about what is disrespectful to the fag. Many of these things happen commonly and no one is getting up in arms about them. I would enjoy to read whatever you post next.