First Amendment to the constitution states that U.S. citizens have the right to assemble peacefully, and have the right to free speech.

The Fourteenth Amendment gives this power to the states, but due to the Supremacy Clause, if the Assembly is unconstitutional the Federal Government can step in/ and or shut it down.

Rules and Regulations of Assembling include:

1. Assembly Cannot be Violent
  2. Law Enforcement May Control Gatherings
  3. Private Property is Exempt
  4. Some Assemblies Require a Permit

http://civilrights.findlaw.com/enforcing-your-civil-rights/is-there-a-right-to-peaceful-protest.html

These are the rules given to us by the federal government, and the U.S. Constitution. Considering these rules, do you think that the right of free speech and the right peaceful assembly has been abused?

If so, what sanctions do you think should be put in place so that this right can no longer cause harm and/or turmoil?

CC BY-SA 4.0 Has our ability to peacefully assemble given to us in the Bill of Rights been abused? by Jenessa is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.