Dogs have accompanied mankind for thousands of years. They are known to be “man’s best friend”, helping their human counterparts with daily tasks and offering love to to their owners. But I have always wondered what scientific benefits dogs have to offer to their owners.

To start, dogs offer as many physical benefits as they do emotional benefits. It has been shown that having a pet dog can decrease blood pressure, increase longevity after heart attacks, increase physical activity, and even has been reported that dogs can predict seizures before the person can. To go along with the physical benefits, dogs offer many emotional benefits. They can help comfort people who are getting over a death, reduce stress, reduce anxiety and feel safer, and lift their owner’s mood making them feel less lonely. After learning about all these benefits, no wonder dogs are considered a man’s best friend.

CC BY-SA 4.0 A Man’s Best Friend by Alex is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Johnatan 4 weeks ago

I am very interested in this post because my myself do believe dogs are a mans bestfriend. One reason why is because dogs are one of the most loyal animals around honestly even more loyal then people these days you can always count on your dogs cause they are always gonna be there when you need them.
    I really liked when you shared this ” To go along with the physical benefits, dogs offer many emotional benefits. They can help comfort people who are getting over a death, reduce stress, reduce anxiety and feel safer, and lift their owner’s mood making them feel less lonely. After learning about all these benefits, no wonder dogs are considered a man’s best friend. “because this shows us how many things dogs can really do for use they are living and have souls just like use humans do and feel things like how we do. I honestly agree with you one hundred percent that dogs are a mans bestfriend.

2. Arthadius 4 weeks ago

I really like this post because dogs have evole with humans over the year and is truly man’s best friend and the different types of breeds and sizes for people and their always will be from now and and years to come.I learned that dogs offer more than just emotional benefits, but also physical benefits. This post makes me want to have a dog

3. Dometrius 4 weeks ago

I am satisfied with your post because it describes how dogs are a man’s best friend. It states specific facts that help support your claim. I learned that dogs offer more than just emotional benefits, but also physical benefits. This post makes me want to have a dog.

4. Shenika 1 month ago

Hi!
    I loved reading this piece! From a young age, I always begged my parents to get a dog and they day that they finally said yes was one of the best days ever. I have noticed that as my dog has grown, he is able to read emotions more easily and can tell when a member of my family is upset or happy. This past year, my mom has had a lot of stress in her life and our dog notices and will go sit by her or even just follow her around the house to keep her company. Dogs have so much to offer with helping physical health and emotional health.

Thank you,
    Shenika