Photo by NYCMarines

The argument doesn’t compare to the fight…Saying “not standing for the national anthem shows disrespect for the flag and members of the armed forces”. But for decades upon decades half of the people in America couldn’t even claim being an american. Trumps starting the cycle again with this wall and immigration laws. The national anthem is really for caucasian people. “Disrespecting the members of the armies,” back then half of the military would spit in the face of a colored man.

Even if the protest is making their fans upset that’s still going to be their favorite team because they still play the same only thing that changed was their stance. Kneeling doesn’t effect how the team plays it might affect their paycheck but that’s a risk that they’re taking for something they believe in. No one has the right to get mad at someone for not believing in what you believe in.

Lastly, everyone knows about the “national anthem(white version)” but no one knows the “Black National Anthem” by James Weldon Johnson. Image someone singing this at a football game,how many “americans” do you think are going to stand and put their fist up? Do you think Donald Trump is going to stand and put his fist up? Its deeper than just a stance and a hand over our hearts.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Do They Compare by MiAngel is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.