The National Anthem is racist, people shouldn’t stand for it. The National Anthem we sing today is edited. It has many racist lines that were taken out. One of the taken out lines that stood out to me was ” Their blood has wash’d out their foul footsteps pollution. No refuge could save the hireling and slave. From the terror of fight or the gloom of the grave..” (www.theroot.com). This line basically means the blood of all the former slaves and “hirelings” will wash away the pollution of the British invaders. (www.theroot.com). The previous line from the anthem is wrong is so many ways because it disrespects the African American soldiers who fought for our freedom.  People shouldn’t stand for a “fake’ anthem. These racist comments were taken out because people knew they were wrong. African Americans should do more research on the anthem so they can have a decent background on why they should boycott the anthem.flag photo

Photo by One Candle Photos

Photo by Always Shooting

Photo by IAN RANSLEY DESIGN + ILLUSTRATION

CC BY-SA 4.0 The National Anthem Is Racist by Taniya is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.