Shadow Box

Jose Tello

The shadow box represents who I am as a person and it represents what I love and appreciate what I have. It shows who I want to become as a learner and person in the future. I put objects that will represent me later on in my life, it shows that i want to become a USAF pilot and that is what I would love to do for a living. But I also put objects that represent me in a Mexican way, as a mexican musician because I love Spanish music one it’s because it represents me and two it’s because i love playing it. I play a valve trombone and I love playing it like whenever I get bored I just play and that’s how I get my boredness out of me. I also love the country where my parents come from, Mexico and I put a Mexican flag because it represents me as a Latino a proud one. Me being a musician also represents me as a Latino and for me playing in a banda it’s like a traditional thing I have to do. But everything in that box really represents who I am and who I want to become in my future, it represents what love the most in my life as well.

CC BY-SA 4.0 This is who I am by Jose Tello by Jose is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Daniela 7 months ago

Dear Jose,
    Thank you for sharing your work. My name is Daniela and I am a student at Fremont High School. Something I liked about your work is that you said your proud to be latino and you should be and no one should change that. It’s a good thing to be proud for who you are. Something I have a question about is how you said you want to be a mexican musician or a USAF pilot which one would you rather be? Why? Please feel free to comment on my work in the future. The address to my student blog is Danielaofhs2021.
    Thank you!

2. Dorlin 7 months ago

Dear jose tello,

Thank you for sharing your work. My name Dorlin Lopez and I am a student at Fremont High School.
    Something I liked about your work was how you put your Identities in the shadow box about what the thing you like .
    Something I have a question about is what part of mexico are you. Please feel free to comment on my work in the future. The address of my student blog is dorlinlfhs2021.edublos.org
    Thank You!Dear jose tello,

Jose 6 months ago

well thanks for commenting on my work dorlin, i showed my idetities to see how people would react to it and so that people can see the real me. Im not from Mexico im from oakland, my parents where born in Mexico. My mom in Michoacan and dad in Tlaxcala by puebla. BUt thanks again, I would love to comment on your work.

3. Amran 10 months ago

Dear Jose,
    What inspired you to be a pilot? Did you ever visit Mexico? What’s your favorite song? When you said, ¨I also love the country where my parents come from,¨ I could relate with you because I also love The county where my parents from.