This shadow box represents my background because of the Mexican flag in the the box. When people look at me, they see… if I play soccer or am I mexican, it’s true that I’m Mexican and like to play soccer but that’s only for me I don’t know about the rest.  Many people assume that I’m weak at soccer but I think/ I know I’m raw at soccer.  I see myself as a funny Mexican that is raw at soccer and smart. This is a counter narrative of that Mexicans are dumb and lazy but we can do better than like other races.  I have chosen to include a lot about soccer  because I like to play soccer and score goals. Many people may believe that I am a ball hog and don’t pass the ball and don’t score but I score goals and give assist. I put stuff that I like and I’m proud of like being Mexican and playing soccer and my trophies.

CC BY-SA 4.0 This Is Me Gildardo Cortez by Gildardo is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Terrill 6 months ago

Dear Gildardo,

Thank you for sharing your work. My name is Terrill and I am a student at Fremont High School.
    Something I liked about your work was the earphones and the jordan sign in the back of the box.
    Something I have a question about is how long did it take you to do it. Please feel free to comment on my work in the future. The address of my student blog is https://terrilllfhs2021.edublogs.org/wp-admin/index.php?page=msreader.php.

2. Alex 9 months ago

Dear Gildardo,
    I am interested in your shadow box because you are showing what you like or admire in your life. You show your love in the sport soccer and that Cristiano Ronaldo is your favorite soccer player. You have a headband to keep your hair back so when you are in a soccer match, your hair don’t get in your way. I think this shadow box is a good project because you are showing everyone your work and what you love. A question I have for you and your shadow box is what do the earphones mean in your box and how do they represent your life. Thanks for your writing, I look to seeing what you write next, because what you write is interesting and catches my eye. Then the soccer cleats and other soccer objects you put is interesting.