MY STORY

Fernando Cruz

My shadow box objects all represent a form of strength because I am a strong person who cares about his own family. I chose to include Donkey Kong in my box because he is both of my identities that I have. This matters because Donkey Kong has been with me for a long time since my childhood and when I played one of his games they remind me of resilience and the funny moments that I had with my family. Donkey Kong was the one that brought happiness with my brother because before my brother and I had a gaming console and my parents worked hard to get us a Nintendo 64. So they baught us the console and our first game was Mario Kart but that game wasn’t that competitive so my brother wanted the new Donkey Kong game but he didn’t have any money and he was just 9 and I  was 3 years old and I wanted to get the game so bad. So my parents earned more cash so we got the game that we wanted so bad for months. This matters because that I never gave up no matter what the cause. Donkey kong is best dude ever also he is resilient and hilarious.  

CC BY-SA 4.0 MY STORY by Fernando is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Adham 2 months ago

Hi my name is Adham Aldahmi and I’m from Fremont High School and we are doing the same thing you are doing! One question I have for you is what type of game is Donkey Kong 64 is? A question about what you wrote is you playing Nintendo at 3 years old and who taught you how to play video games. The thing I love about your project is you put your favprite things in the box like books and comics.

2. Angel 2 months ago

Hello Fernando My name Is Angel Aguilar I go to Fremont High school I enjoyed your article seeing how you included something that’s part of your childhood was really good And the fact that describe yourself very well as a caring man that liked to have fun with his family it was really good.
    hope you do well bro best of luck

3. Jose 3 months ago

This is great work I really like this, but I gotta ask why do you like donkey kong a lot? You say it makes you a strong person which is good if you think that and if it helps you just keep believing it. It seems like you did good in this assignment, it looks like donkey kong was all over your childhood and that pretty nice about how you and your brother played this and had fun at the end.

4. Anthony 3 months ago

Fernando I really like that your shadow box holds true to you because it “has been with me for a long time since my childhood”. A post from wehavekids,com (https://wehavekids.com/parenting/The-importance-of-cherishing-warm-childhood-memorieshow-to-create-memorable-experiences-for-your-child-cl) says childhood memories are important because “They carve your soul; they mould your being; their force has an impact greater than other memories.” In response to this quote how has DonkeyKong resonnated in you and in your development throughout your childhood? Does DonkeyKong still hold true to you today?

5. Olga 3 months ago

Dear Fernando,
    I really liked your post because of how you are sharing your personal life when you was a child. Also I like the way you connected yourself with Donkey Kong that symbolises the strength you have. I hope you keep writing more of your story because is unique and interesting.

And some questions that I have are
    1. Is Donkey Kong still your favorite game now that you are older or there is another game that connects to you, now that you are a teen?
    2. Why did you include the book called “Never Quite” by Edwin Louis Cole?
    3. How is your brother significant to you when you were a child and now that you are teenager?

I appreciate your writing and hope you write more of your stories,

Olga

6. Zachary 3 months ago

Fernando this is a really good article. I like how you incorporated something that you enjoyed so much. It really gave insight to your childhood and some of the things that you enjoyed as a kid. It made the article personable. I really enjoyed it and hope that you did good on this assignment.
    Best of luck,
    Zach