For me, racism is something that makes me uncomfortable to talk about. It saddens me to know that there are people in the world who hate other people just because of the color of their skin. It’s even worse when there are children whose parents are teaching them to hate people for the color of their skin. People should not judge each other for the color of their skin. Whenever I hear about police officers shooting black men, I never know what to say or how to react. Its disappointing knowing that racism will never die off or that people would continue to judge each other based on skin color. It makes me sad knowing that future children and children today would have to grow up feeling disliked by other races just because of their skin.

Photo by Taymaz Valley

CC BY-SA 4.0 My Opinion on Racism by Naya is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Rovell 4 months ago

Dear Naya:
    I am glad to see that someone feels the same way about racism your post , “My opinion on Racism,” because that fact that you said “It saddens me to know that there are people in the world who hate other people just because of the color of their skin” really made me sit and think about it more. One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: “People should not judge each other for the color of their skin. Whenever I hear about police officers shooting black men, I never know what to say or how to react.” I think this is unfair because people of color have to worry about getting shot by cops when they step outside .Another sentence that I touched by was: “It’s even worse when there are children whose parents are teaching them to hate people for the color of their skin..” This stood out for me because in some homes they really are teached to hate people of color .Your post reminds me of something that happened to me. One time when my mother was telling my brother that he shouldn’t worry about what his friends are doing because he is a child of color and he lives in the hood and they don’t expect him to live past 18 years old.He could be shot by cops or put in jail and that he should just be worried about school because he isn’t even expected to find a college or job in this society.Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next because this help me to understand more to some of the things i was saying to myself and like if i was the only one thinking like that and this is why i would be back to see your other post .

2. Ammar 11 months ago

Naya, I like your topic about racism because I know a lot of that are racis because they think that their color is better then other. One sentence that stand out to me was “It saddens me to know that there are people in the world who hate other people just because of the color of their skin.” this sentence stand out to me because it saddens me to that people think that their color is better then any other color. Even though we are all humans at the end.